Responsibilities of the Board
- Board composition
- Orientation for New Board Members – The Corporate Secretary provides a copy of CITEM’s Charter (Executive Order 989) to newly designated board members to acquaint them on CITEM’ activities and operations.
- Policy on Continuing education (Revised Manual of Corporate Governance, Sec. 66, page 17)
- Approved schedules of board meetings (please include when the schedule was approved)
Role of the board in corporate strategy - The CITEM Board of Governors reviews CITEM’s vision and mission/ strategy as shown by the signed Performance Negotiation Agreement between CITEM and GCG for FY2014, 2015 and 2016. The Board likewise, approves the agency’s work program and corporate operating budget.
- Performance Negotiation Agreement (PNA) for 2016 between CITEM and Governance Commission for GOCCs (GCG) with Board Certificate (pls upload attached PNA for 2016)
- Performance Negotiation Agreement (PNA) for 2015 between CITEM and Governance Commission for GOCCs (GCG) with Board Certificate
- PNA for 2014 with Board Certificate
- Comparative Corporate Operating Budget (COB) (in Million Pesos)
- Secretary's Certificate (COB)
- Executive Director's Report
- Financial Statements/Reports
How does the board oversee the implementation of the corporate strategy? When did the board review the corporate strategy?
The Board of Governors monitors and oversees the implementation of the corporate strategies by reviewing and approving in Board Meetings CITEM’s Performance which are submitted to the DBM and GCG. The Board likewise, monitors and evaluates the agency’s operating budgets to ensure optimum results.
Code of Ethics (Employees’ Manual, page 6)
All directors, management and employees are required to comply with CITEM’s Code of Conduct which is included in the CITEM Employees’ Manual.
Any questions seeking clarification as regards the enforcement and implementation of CITEM Employees’ Manual including the code of conduct shall be addressed / forwarded to the immediate supervisor, concerned Divisions/ Department Heads, HRMD and Executive Director. (Employees Manual, page 43)
An orientation on the revised CITEM Employees’ Manual was held after the Flag Ceremony last August 01. The manual is likewise posted in CITEM Intranet for everyone’s information.
- Board committees' accomplishment report
Access to information (board materials)
The Corporate Secretary is mandated to comply with the policy that the Board papers for Board of Directors meetings be provided to the members of the Board at least three (3) working days in advance of the Board meeting.
- Internal Control (including Internal Audit) - An Internal Audit Unit has been created headed by Division Chief Jaime Antonio Sandoval. They are now working on ISO certification for the agency.
Risk management system
- Cost Recovery Ratio (CRR) Commitment for 2015 PAN (2015 Performance Agreement, page 2)
- Institutionalization of Life Plans
- Trade Fair Rates (Citizens' Charter, page 17)
- Compliance of Manila FAME and IFEX Exhibitors with BIR requirements (November 4, 2015 Minutes of Board of Governors Meeting, page 2, Item V)
- Compliance with BIR Requirements (Citizens' Charter, page 6)
- Philippine Participation in Maison et Objet 2014 in Paris, France (June 18, 2014 Minutes of Board of Governors Meeting, page 3, item VI.6)
- CITEM Reorganization (June 18, 2014 Minutes of Board of Governors Meeting, page 9, item XVI)
- Renegotiation of GCG targets (pages 4-5 of June 18, 2014 Minutes of Board of Governors Meeting)
- Creation of Procurement Division
Board appraisal system
The Board of Directors conducts assessment of its performance through GCG’s Performance Evaluation for Directors (iPED) System following the criteria set under GGC Memorandum Circular 2014-03. CITEM’s Board of Governors composed of Ex Officios, their duly designated Alternates, and Appointive Director are required to encode their self and peer ratings, comments, and assessments in the iPED. The results of the iPED shall serve as basis in determining the Board members’ eligibility for reappointment.
- PES Scorecard
Disclosure and Transparency (at least 2013-present disclosures)
Audited Annual Financial Reports
|Date Published||Year of the Report||Date Receipt from COA|
|13 June 2016||2015
(Statement of Management Responsibility in Page no. 8)
|07 June 2016|
|4 November 2015||2014
(Statement of Management Responsibility in Page no. 3)
|31 July 2015|
|24 February 2015||2013
(Statement of Management Responsibility in Page no. 3)
|14 August 2014|
|Date Published||Year of the Report|
|August 16, 2016||2015|
|October 26, 2015||2014|
|October 26, 2015||2013|
State the location of the following information in the annual report/audited annual financial report
- Corporate objectives
- Financial performance indicators
- Non-financial performance indicators
- Details of whistle blowing policy
- Biographical details Annual Report 2015, page 73 (at least age, qualifications, date of first appointment, relevant experience, and any other directorships of listed companies) of directors/commissioners
- Training and/or continuing education programme attended by each director/commissioner (Annual Report 2015, page 72-73)
Statement of full compliance with the code of CG
- Annual Report 2015 (page 71)
- Review of the GOCC's material controls (including operational, financial and compliance controls) and risk management systems
- Statement from the Board of Directors or Audit Committee commenting on the adequacy of the GOCC's internal controls/risk management systems
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Customers' welfare
- Interaction with the communities
Environmentally-friendly value chain
- Contact details for complaints of other stakeholders
Employees' welfare and development (Employees' Manual)
- Welfare (policies, programs and relevant data) (Annual report 2015, pages 69-70)
- Training and development
- Whistle blowing policy and procedures - including protection of reporting employee/s from retaliation / Annual Report 2015, page 70, Whistle blowing Policy